Monday, October 28, 2013

November Writing Challenges: NaNoWriMo and PiBoIdMo

I can hardly believe it is almost November! In our world, that means it is time to sign up for our annual writing challenges.

Mikro is a third time Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) Young Writer's Program participant this year, and he has successfully made his word count goal in both prior years. I envy him. I have yet to make it to 50,000 words (the adult Nanowrimo word count goal), but that doesn't mean I'll quit trying.

This year, I am also trying something new (to me): PiBoIdMo. That's short for Picture Book Idea Month. The idea is to come up with an idea for a children's picture book every day in November, and then to work on developing your ideas during the coming year. I am excited about this, because in the back of my head, I've always thought I should try writing for children, especially since I can also try my hand at illustrating whatever I come up with.

Well, wish us luck, and let the brainstorming begin! (Mikro says he wants to do PiBoIdMo next year, too. But first he wants to watch me have a go at it...)

No comments: