Wednesday, December 4, 2013

LEGO: The Art of the Brick at Dscovery Times Square Expo Center

yip11172013

My son is obsessed with LEGOs. So I knew we had to get tickets to see The Art of the Brick.

What I didn't expect was that I might love it even more than he did (which is saying something!) I had no idea that artist Nathan Sawaya sculpted 3 dimensional LEGO brick versions of many great artworks that we have seen in museums. Or that he is a talented and original sculptor in his own right.

I am including a bunch of photos, but not everything, because photos do not do justice to these sculptures, and also because I don't want to give everything away.

Go. Be surprised! I really encourage anyone and everyone to see this exhibit. It's a fun tour through art history!


paintbybricks

starrynight

quote0

thescream

roseewindow

rosewindowreflection

serpent

greekurn

terracotaarcher

nefertitietc

venus

quote1

studio

writing

sculpturegallery2

sculpturegallery

livinglarge

restraint

skulls

quote2

mikroandlegotrex2

mikroandlegotrex1

legorexshadow

libertylego

swimmer

ourbricks

1 comment:

jugglingpaynes said...

This is neat! I have to show your photos to Marina when she gets back for winter break. I'm not as good with three dimensional art, so things like this amaze me!