- Playing with educational apps on the android phones.
- Reading lots of library books about insects and arachnids
- Reading lots of library books about the Middle East
- Doing some math. Need to do more.
- Watching library videos about famous composers
- Playing with the neighborhood cat. (Mikro)
- Learning to ring up sales on the cash register at our favorite pizzeria. (Mikro)
- Watching sunsets.
- Buying Halloween costume makings at Goodwill. (Chele)
- Lots of drawing, including submitting to the Sketch Tuesday challenge at Harmony Art Mom. (Mikro)
(Mikro's entry for "Crunchy" was a mantis eating a grasshopper...)
- Collecting and studying insects and arachnids.
- Art journaling (Chele)
- Sky watching.
- Harvesting weird veggies.
- Field trips.
- Fall classes have started up again. Mikro is doing Science at the Science Museum of Long Island, and a Crafts class locally. I am trying not to add anything else. I'd rather leave time open for academics and spontaneous field trips..
- Going down to the river.
- Getting older. (Especially Chele, who had her 47th Bday...)
Sunday, September 30, 2012
What we've been up to lately:
Saturday, September 22, 2012
We had our last beach day a couple weeks ago, and Mikro made a new friend. We also saw Great Blue Herons on each of our last few days at Silver Lake, and have been seeing an enormous number of them along the shores of the Hudson River this September, more than I can remember ever seeing before. On train trips into the city, we have seen as many as 10 of them lining the riverbanks between our village and Tarrytown station.