Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Very Authentic Thanksgiving Feast

Our Thanksgiving was a bit of an adventure this year. A busted stove and the ensuing stress and drama threatened to ruin the day, but I am nothing if not stubborn, so I ended up cooking a very authentic Thanksgiving harvest feast over our fire pit. It worked out surprisingly well, and I even built a fire all on my own for the first time in my life, and kept it going on a pretty windy day. Of course, I would have been even happier if it had been 10 degrees warmer. My feet were blocks of ice by the time I was done. Potatoes, sweet potatoes and acorn squash roasted really well on my birch log fire, and I shish kabobbed a lot of the other veggies, including butternut squash, summer yellow squash, zucchini, peppers, and grape tomatoes. Some of the other veggies got cooked in the microwave, and we had ourselves a strange, but delicious, holiday meal.

fire1 food1 food2

food3 food4 nog

vegiehummusthanks

1 comment:

jugglingpaynes said...

Very creative solution! I hope your stove is up and running again. I know I couldn't live without one, it's one of my favorite appliances!