Friday, August 26, 2016

2016 Not Back To School Interview with Mikro



Q: What is your favorite subject?
A: Um, there's a lot. Robotics, Paleontology, Geography, Biology, Evolutionary Biology!

Q: What are you best at?
A: Science, especially Paleontology.

Q: I need to get better at __________.
A: Handwriting, note taking, typing, writing essays.



Q: What's the best thing about being a homeschooler?
A: Getting to study what I want and learning at my own pace.

Q: What's the worst thing?
A: No summer break.




Q: What kind of work do you want to do when you grow up?
A: I stand by last year's answer: I want to be a paleontologist, or evolutionary biologist. I also want to do robotics and cartography. I want to be a professor, because I like to lecture, and I would love to work at AMNH someday.

Q: This year I want to learn about ________.
A: Paleontology (of course), astronomy and exoplanets, geography, cartography, history, military history, the Etruscans, Foundations of Eastern Civilization, World War I, robotics, engineering, space exploration, science fiction, fractals, geometry, special effects and animation.




Q: I want to do more _________.
A: Creative Writing. Field trips, especially to AMNH to finish our detailed evolution study.

Q: I want to do less _________.
A: Workbook stuff.

Q: Who is your best friend?
A: Koby.


Q:I want to go on a field trip to __________.
A: Washington DC (and the NASM), Philadelphia and Boston. Also, some day I want to visit a battleship.

Q: I want to go on vacation to __________.
A. Ireland, Germany, Mongolia, Iceland and the U.K.



Q. The most fun or best thing I did last school year was:
A. Competed in the National History Bee and the US Geography Olympiad and went to Chicago for the Nationals. Visited the Chicago museums, especially the Field Museum of Natural History (I saw Sue, the T. Rex and loved the Evolving Planet exhibit), the Museum of Science and Industry (the U-505 was cool!), the Chicago History Museum, Lincoln Park Zoo, Shedd Aquarium and Adler Planetarium (need more time there) and the Art Institute. I also got to see the ISS from our hotel balcony! I liked the hotel, too!













1 comment:

Dawn said...

Awesome interview! It looks like you all will be doing tons of science this year.
Blessings, Dawn