Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Brings New Life... Even to the Blog!

yip4042013

Today was beautiful and spring like! We drove Kev to the train this morning, and stopped off at the canoe launch to see if there were any interesting birds around. As Mikro said, "Just seagulls and geese..." I snapped a couple of photos of the very low tide conditions, and Mikro made a goofy self portrait while I drove us to the park nearby.

mikropsychoselfportrait

sandbar

sandbar2

foundheart1

First we stopped at the nature center for a look around. The place makes me sad, as it seems a shadow of its former self, back when we had homeschool nature classes there...

atmotherslap

Next, we went to the beach, where Mikro amused himself, and I discovered a pair of nesting redtails. I never did get a great shot, but they didn't pop up out of the nest much. I will try again tomorrow with a better lens...

lineinsand

beachedfish

beachcomberwho

hawksnest

hawksnest2

After that, we headed home for a day of homeschooling and wretched NY homeschool paperwork. But first, we filled feeders and looked at all the new flowers in the garden...

crocus

narcissus

No comments: