Thursday, April 24, 2008

Homeschool Nature Class: Wildflower Hike

Class today was on identifying and counting wildflowers in the park. It involved a hike around the "Nose", a peninsula jutting out into the Hudson, on which the Nature Center sits. The kids hiked around the very steep trail. Mikro did it without me (I'm still using a cane since I sprained my knee 9 days ago...), but with a little help from his slightly older friend, Cassie. I was so proud of him!



We saw some wonderful birds at the feeders, and elsewhere. And we saw the remains of a hawk's lunch...



















After class, there was playtime at the playground, and in the trees... And after our friends left, Mikro and I headed to the beach, where we watched the geese, and waded in the ***cold*** waters of the Hudson River.









Unfortunately, late in the evening, I discovered that I had picked up a tick...

No comments: