Monday, August 16, 2010

Because my life is a sitcom

Of course, even though I am not doing anything other than dropping off paperwork and getting my copy stamped "Received", when I go to the District Offices, I like to avoid making a horrible impression. So I comb my frizzy hair, check that lunch is not stuck in my teeth, and audit the boy for utter filthiness (because hoping for pristine cleanliness is something I am not deluded enough to do... He's a 7 year old boy whose favorite toy is a pile of dirt...)

As I get in the car, I notice my window is down. Hmmmm. Did Kevin do that this morning? Or was it like that all night, during the deluge? Felt a little damp. Oh, well, not like I have a choice. Gotta drive it.

Imagine my horror when we park at the District Offices, and I ask Mikro if my pants are wet.

"Wow, mom! You have a puddle like the state of Idaho on your butt!" he proclaims.

Well, at least he knows his geography!

No comments: