Wednesday, October 31, 2012
When we woke up this morning, I was doubtful about our prospects for Trick or Treating.
After last year, I was figuring that our village would cancel Halloween again... but I was pleasantly surprised when they announced that parents should use our own judgment about whether to take the kids out tonight.
At that point. I decided that we would give it a go. I hadn't finished Mikro's costume, because with the weather, it was impossible to be outside spray painting... So I had to scrap the original plan(angler fish), and go to my back up (jelly fish, which is actually what I was planning to wear, though I hadn't even begun to put it together, since I had basically given up...)
Judging by the fact that we ran out of candy for the first time in years, I'd say the consensus was that it was safe. There were lots of Trick or Treat-ers out tonight. The evening started earlier than usual, and seems to have wound down a little early, too, but it was a fun, very normal Halloween here, despite the hurricane just past....
Thank you to our neighbors for the UNICEF contributions!