Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Beach Bums

I guess you could call us beach bums... We are at the beach at least 4 times a week, sometimes more.

Swim lessons ended, but Mikro begged me to sign him up for the next and last session, so I did. He has graduated to Level 3, but he seems rather tentative about the new skills he's being taught... Sometimes it takes him a while to warm up. Unfortunately, since there are only 8 classes a session, time feels like it is flying by. He has progressed a tremendous amount, but it's hard for me not to want to see him take it even further. Today, he hung back on the sidelines a bit. I'm trying not to push, but I did stress that he needs to participate more. I don't expect perfection, but I do want to see effort.

Unfortunately, it will take even longer for him to find his groove, since we have to miss tomorrow because we have a fun field trip we have been looking forward to, scheduled before Mikro wangled more lessons out of me...





We are actually getting a fair amount done, homeschool-wise, but that's another post...

No comments: