Saturday, November 26, 2011

History Fair

This was the third year that Mikro has participated in the NYCHEA History Fair. Kids research a historical figure and go up and make "I statements" about him/her until the audience guesses who they are presenting. Mikro did Leonardo da Vinci this time, and came up with some pretty cool obscure facts to lead off with (If I find his notes, I'll edit to share some of them...). It's fun to learn something new and try to stump your friends.



His favorite Leonardo books were:

The Genius of Leonardo by Guido Visconti and Bimba N. Landmann
and
Leonardo, Beautiful Dreamer by Robert Byrd.

Some of the kids come in costume. Some present oral reports. I wish I could share all the photos I took, but I don't post recognizable photos of other people's kids without express permission, and I am usually too lazy to seek it... We had (among the costumed) Medusa, Carl Linneas, a Spartan Warrior, King Tut, and some biblical figures as well. There were oral reports on Helen Keller and World War II. Very fun, and the kids were wonderful.

No comments: