Friday, November 25, 2011

Poets House: We Are Rivers with Richard Lewis

If you ever get the opportunity to attend one of the children's programs at Poets House, take it. And if it involves poet Richard Lewis, prepare to be enchanted. Mikro always has a wonderful time at his programs, and so do I. I never walk out without a new poem in my moleskine. This time, we considered our thoughts as rivers, watched a beautiful performance of Richard's poem, We Are Rivers, and made our own drawing and poem about our rivers of thought. Neither Mikro nor Kev are all that anxious to share theirs (and I can't find them at the moment), but I'll show you mine. I did it as a trifold. My river is ink, flowing onto the page.












1 comment:

jugglingpaynes said...

That's great! I love your illustration. What a wonderful opportunity.

Peace and Laughter,
Happy Thanksgiving!