Monday, June 28, 2010

Back Early from the Beach

Today was the start of 4 weeks of Monday through Thursday swim lessons for Mikro, but we got rained out. (Actually, the beach got closed for thunderstorms.) We arrived quite early, so at least we had over an hour together in the water, but the lesson had just begun when the skies opened up. I had just come out of the water, and as strange as it sounds, I got wetter in the 5 minutes it took to pack up and hike back up the hill to the car than I did swimming! It was like having bucket after bucket of water dumped on your head. A real downpour. Didn't help matters that I had left the car windows down... We were soaked to the skin, and Blue Beast is now a soggy mess. Still, I am thrilled to be back at Silver Lake. It's a place that is peace for me.

No comments: