Monday, June 21, 2010

Clearwater Festival-- Part 1

Last year, Mikro was lucky enough to meet Dr. Jane Goodall and E.O. Wilson. Afterwards, he announced that the next person in his personal pantheon of heroes that he wanted to meet was Pete Seeger. Mikro loves the Hudson River and has been singing Pete Seeger's "My Dirty Stream" and Rick Nestler's "River That Flows Both Ways" since he was four...

We tried to explain that meeting even one person that inspirational is a rare thing, but he remained confident in our ability to make it magically happen. So, I knew I had to take him to the Clearwater Festival, and I told him that it wasn't likely that he would meet Mr. Seeger, but he would get to hear him sing.



My son has amazing luck. And Pete Seeger is an incredibly nice man, who took the time to talk to a little boy who loves the river, and sign his new CD.

More photos from the festival later, when I get a chance to edit them...

No comments: