Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Gift of Edu-Speak

There's an article in the NY Times about new standards for math and English developed by the nation's governors and school honchos, which links to a couple of pdfs with the new proposed standards. I've glanced at them and realized they are kind of useful for coming up with edu-speak for drafting my IHIP next year, and thought I would pass them along, for what they're worth. They haven't been adopted yet, as I understand it, but I think they're an interesting look at what the government thinks is appropriate grade level material... not that I particularly care what they think (and frankly, I'm not at all happy with the concept of a nationalized curriculum), but like the World Book lists, it's interesting, and may be some guidance...

Anyway, links here:

NY Times Article

Math

English/Language Arts

1 comment:

jugglingpaynes said...

Those look interesting. Thanks for posting them.

Cristina