Friday, January 27, 2012

Things That Make Me Happy

Let's see... It's my second week of the happiness project. Art supplies have been bringing a big smile to my face. I used Derwent Inktense Blocks on the cover of one of my little journals in an abstract design, and covered it (OK, fingerpainted it, I'll admit that I was too lazy to go look for a brush) with Liquitex Iridescent Medium. I'm going to use it to record ideas for art projects. I started doing Illustration Friday again, and I'm going strong with the paper journals. I've only forgotten to write once, and I had used IDoneThis.com, so I had notes from which to reconstruct the day... I've been watching some how to mixed media videos on youtube, and getting really itchy to make something.



We got some snow this week, and I enjoyed watching Mikro and Kev play in it.



I got to use my camera, which is always fun...







And there were signs of spring, which can't come too soon for my gimpy, arthritic body.



There were good books, and good meals, phone calls from friends far away, and the coziness of home on a cold winter's day.





There was Jedi Academy at the Croton Free Library, where we laughed harder than I can remember lately. And Shel Silverstein poems, which had Mikro guffawing and begging for more. Yes, there was (and is) stress galore, but it really does seem to help to be consciously looking for the good things...

No comments: