Friday, March 4, 2011

Glue Resist Paintings

We finally got a chance to finish our glue resist fossil paintings today. We used liquid watercolors.

This is Mikro's:

And here's mine:

I wonder if this would work better with the clear glue than with regular old white school glue. The examples we saw worked out much better, with a clear white resist line. Ours seemed to work in places, and in others not so much. I'll have to revisit the directions (this is what I get for reading them several days before starting the project, when I know I have short term memory issues...) and give this another go sometime soon...


Ina's 5 and our Native Homeschool Blog said...

These are really neat. Would you give a link to the directions please.

Chele said...

Hi, Ina. Here is the link to the Crayola project that inspired these. I read it last week, and somehow managed to decide that watercolors would work as well as the crayons they recommended. Not so. I think we will give this another go. Someone also mentioned that if we were going to watercolor, white crayon might have worked better. So we will give that a shot, too. Have fun!