Thursday, February 17, 2011

Illustration Friday: Sweater

Mikro is making huge strides in the fine motor department. He is enjoying drawing for the first time in his life, so much so that he begged me for a sketchbook of his own (which, of course, I gave him), and wants desperately to participate in Illustration Friday.

This week's theme is: Sweater. Here are our takes on the subject:

Mikro's IF piece is a cat and a dog wearing sweaters while hiking on a mountain in the rain... Pencil sketch and watercolors.



Mine is a quick sketch with Pitt Pens of a scottie dog wearing a sweater... I've been missing my sweet Piper dog, who was the only dog I've ever had with the patience for dress-up. She used to really enjoy strutting around in a T shirt, or a halloween costume (or, at least, she ate up the attention it got her!)



I'm really happy Mikro wants to make IF a regular part of our week! I'm finally getting to share my love of making art with my son!

2 comments:

Barbara Hagerty said...

Adorable! Both yours and Mikro's

Anet said...

Aww.. these are just great!
It will be fun to see Mikro's creations. Keep them coming!