Sunday, March 21, 2010

Egg-quinox Egg-citement

I got an email on one of my homeschooling loops, about egg standing on the equinox, and, though I have seen this on the news for years and years, I had never tried it before. Seemed like a fun thing to try with Mikro. So yesterday, after the Library, we came home and gave it a whirl.



According to a host of sources, this is not a phenomenom that is confined to the vernal equinox (or even the vernal and autumnal equinoxes), and can be accomplished any day of the year. So much for the prevailing cultural mythology. But I have to say, it was cool to see it happen, even if it is apparently more mundane than we were given to believe! Here are some links to web sites debunking the legend:

Snopes
Wikipedia
De Facto
Project ASTRO UTAH

No comments: