Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm honored to receive the



Award Requirements

1. Thank the person who gave the award.
Thank you, Subadra!

2. Pass it on to 15 favorite bloggers you have just recently discovered. 
OK, it won't be 15, but these are some wonderful blogs that are new to me:

Purple Squirrel Homeschool

Our Little Nature Nest

3. Let them know they got the awards.
I will be leaving comments on your blogs.

4. Share 7 things about yourself.

A.   I'm a vegetarian, and have been since I was 7 years old, because I "[didn't ] want to eat aything that could have been my friend."  Now it is as much habit as principle for me, but Mikro seems to be following in my footsteps for reasons similar to my original declaration of herbivorousness.

B.   I drink way too much tea.  I have a 52 ounce travel mug and I carry Earl Grey in my backpack...

C.  My husband is only partially kidding when he says my insane collection of books may bring the house down some day if it keeps growing at its usual rate.  This is one of my chief justifications for splurging on a Kindle.  I usually have my nose in 4 or 5 books at a time.

D.  I am terrified of driving on highways, and of bridges and tunnels.  It took me years to get up the courage to drive locally.  Now I don't know how I ever survived without the freedom of having my own transportation (at least locally).  I have an electric blue PT Cruiser named "Blue Beast."

E.  I love to sing, and I write lyrics, but I don't play an instrument (I did play trumpet in school band, but am so out of practice I can barely get a sound out of a mouthpiece, much less play anything), and so my words have not found their music.  I'm still hoping someday to learn piano, guitar and bagpipes.

F.  I'm a painter who doesn't paint.  I don't have time, or dedicated art space, and setup and cleanup would eat up any time I scrounged to paint, so I just don't bother these days.  I was just getting to the point whre I had my stuff in local galleries and group shows when Mikro was born, and my life changed direction entirely.  I miss painting, and sometimes my fingers positively itch to hold a brush.  

G.  I'm an obsessive researcher.  I could try to blame it on the fact that I'm a retired lawyer, but it's more accurate to say I went into law because it fit my warped love of research.  This comes in handy as a homeschooling parent!

1 comment:

Subadra said...

Hi There!

You are very welcome:)

I am glad to read and learn some more about you.

I was not driving for a long time too, but now love to drive:)

We are a vegetarian family as well, with no eggs either!

And another obsessive researcher here.

Glad to meet you !

-Subadra
http://bookslinksandmore.blogspot.com/