Friday, March 26, 2010

Raptor Rapture

Watch a bald eagle nest cam! Liberty and Justice's eggs are a tad overdue for hatching.

Watch a barn owl nest cam! Molly and McGee have 5 viable eggs. Three have hatched already, and you can watch Molly feeding her brood.

These are just amazing, and it is funny to see how many comments are from homeschoolers! I've seen links to the MollyCam on lots of homeschool lists and blogs, too.

Mikro really enjoyed watching Molly cough up a pellet, preen herself, and feed her owlets. I'm hoping we'll get a glimpse of McGee later tonight... And maybe get to watch a hatching.

2 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

I missed owl puke??? When did that happen?

These nature cams are really addictive aren't they? But really good for when you are too cold or sick to get outside. :o)

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Christina said...

Molly and her family have provided hours of entertainment for me and my family, too, Chele! I've even posted a list of owl books and other resources on my blog, if you're interested.

Good to know about the eagle cam. Though we are pretty OWLb-sessed at our house. : )